Dave wrote to me: Hi Mike, I am going to Marriotts Marbella tomorrow December 26th. I am flying from Singapore to Barcelona and travelling by train to Malaga. I have a few questions:
1. I want to rent a car at the Malaga train station. How far is the train station from Malaga Airport?
2. Do you have directions from Malaga train station to Marriotts Marbella by car? I also need also information such as:
1) Malaga train station is approximately 13kms from Malaga airport.
2) I checked on Google Maps, driving directions putting in Malaga Train Station as point of departure and Marriotts Marbella as the destination and if you take the A7 then the AP7 toll road (around 4 euros) it is 49kms and if you follow the A7 all the way it is 55kms. I would take the second option because you just stay on the A7 and you don’t have to leave it to get on the toll road (AP7) and then get back onto the A7. To get to Marriotts Marbella it is less complicated.
a) Leaving Malaga train station with a hire car you won’t need to pay anything. You will be given a ticket or a code to pass through the barrier.
b) About 95% of the gas stations in the province of Malaga are self service. Be careful you are putting petrol in, gasolina, or diesel, gasoil, depending on what your hire care uses. Your tank should be full. When you are putting in fuel after 10pm at night, most fuel pumps in Spain are in Prepago which means Prepayment. You need to tell the cashier how much you are putting in and pay before you refuel the car.
3) I don’t think the roads will be very busy at that time of the evening, probably about 9pm by the time you get on the road, but take care if it is raining and just drive slowly. Remember my GPS recommendation and bring this street address with you.
Marriotts Marbella address is:
Get the hire car office to set up the GPS and programme it with the destination. Best wishes David and have a good stay.